Sunday, February 20, 2011

i miss you already.

feeling a bit nostalgic about the wacky year i have thus far in good 'ol korea.
there are some things that i will miss:

family mart. the king of convenient stores. you are just so darn convenient.

fried mandu. delicious fried dumplings that would fill my tummy on a lazy sunday.

speaking korean. whether it be chatting with the cab driver on the way home, or ordering food; speaking another language is super fun! especially when you have a local accent, they are even more impressed. brushes shoulder off.

cheap transportation. bus and subway rides for 900 - 1300 won. taxi rides home for 10,000 won. definitely beats toronto at $3.00 per subway ride and 5 minute taxi rides for $10.00.

clean cities. thank goodness for old women. they keep this place spic and a span.

celebrity status. i look like rihanna? i'll take it.

shopping. this country has made my wardrobe much better for much less.

internet. oh you bet. fast, speedy and inexpensive.

hospitality. oh korea. you are so nice to me. and honest too.

safety. i like walking around without the constant checking to see if my bag has been cut open. you know, the simple things in life.

home cooked meals. not by me you crazies.
a meal cooked just for me by my co-teacher's mother.


new found life friends. you meet some people, and then you love some people. i like to meet people, then find out that i love them.
for example... judy!
www.jujujudy.tumblr.com

6 days left.
looking forward to my return already.

xo.
vb.


2 comments:

  1. Judy has a hard time pretending to be cool. I tried to force a photo that exuded gangst from her one night in hongdae. She couldn't deliver.

    ReplyDelete